Reading With Friends
Reading With Friends pairs young readers up with teen coaches to encourage kids to practice and improve reading skills during the summer months. Youngsters reading to and with their teen coach, participate in reading related activities, and learn about library resources that can help them grow their reading skills.
For teens, this is a great opportunity to volunteer and serve the community.
Submit a design for the 2016 Reading With Friends T-Shirt.
You could win fame, glory and and $$!
Click here for details about the RWF T-Shirt Design Contest.
Deadline: Friday, May 27!
Teens serving as reading coaches must complete the Reading With Friends Training session scheduled for Wednesday, June 22 at 1:30 PM. Teen coaches will learn:
- how to work with elementary age students,
- techniques for helping kids with reading skills,
- what resources the library has that promote literacy (and how to use them effectively),
- what books to choose that appeal to young readers
Reading with Friends sessions will be held on:
- Tuesday, July 5 at 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, July 6 at 1:30 PM
- Tuesday, July 12 at 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, July 13 at 1:30 PM
- Tuesday, July 19 at 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, July 20 at 1:30 PM
- Tuesday, July 26 at 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, July 27 at 1:30 PM