Horsham Township Library is a department of Horsham Township government in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Opened to the public on October 11, 2004, the library provides free lending and information services to the residents of Horsham Township and the Hatboro-Horsham School District. It also welcomes borrowers from other Pennsylvania libraries and will extend free services to people who have library cards bearing "ACCESS PENNSYLVANIA" stickers.
The library offers a collection of over108,000 print and audio-visual items for both children and adults, housed in a 25,000 square foot building, with ample on-site parking. Meeting space for up to 183 people is available. The library features a coffee bar lounge where local residents can meet to exchange ideas.
The library schedules a variety of programs for children, teens and adults, such as:
- Weekly storytime programs for babies, toddlers, and pre-school children
- Entertaining and educational after school programs for adolescents and teenagers
- Book discussion groups for all ages
- Lectures and cultural events for all ages
For a current schedule of library programs, follow the Library Calendar of Events link on the library's home page.
The library participates in a variety of resource sharing programs:
- It is committed to participation in Pennsylvania's District Library Center Program and to mutual cooperation with the libraries in the Norristown District, under the leadership of the Montgomery County-Norristown Public Library.
- It is a member of MCLINC, the Montgomery County Library and Information Network Consortium, sharing an on-line library automation system that facilitates resource sharing among fifteen public libraries in Montgomery County, PA.
- It lends its materials free of charge to libraries throughout Pennsylvania under the terms of the Pennsylvania Interlibrary Loan Code.
- It lends its materials upon request to libraries in other states under the terms of the Interlibrary Loan Code for the United States (rev. 2001), prepared on behalf of the American Library Association by the Interlibrary Loan Committee, Reference and User Services Association.